PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Length of pip

89548954 Member Posts: 6 Listener
I dont no if it right or not ive read when you have reached 65 you will get pip all the time with out a review

Replies

• keenkatskeenkats Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I read something about that today on fightback! You are entitled to pip at 65. Look up "fightback" on facebook and you can find all the information on there.

• 89548954 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Im getting pip already ive been on it for 6 years  It was on google that after 65 you dont need a review you get it all the time i dont no if this is rubbish or true
  • 89548954 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thanks keenkats
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, No, that's not true for PIP. There's no lifetime awards for PIP like there was for DLA. The longest award length is 10 years ongoing. You will continue to be reviewed, what ever your age. 65 is no exemption unfortunately.

PIP was only introduced in April 2013 so it's impossible for you to have been claiming it for 6 years.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Based on the statistics the average length of a PIP award falls in the category 2 to 4 years whatever age you are 
Sign in or join us to comment.