I want to hear about difficulties others experience when communicating with non disabled — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I want to hear about difficulties others experience when communicating with non disabled

Options
margaret_rose66
margaret_rose66 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I want to hear about difficulties others experience when communicating with non disabled

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @margaret_rose66   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing  Hope we can be supportive and understanding.

We are a friendly community . Care and Share.

Lots of new friends. Advice, information.

Ask the community anything some one ready to listen.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @margaret_rose66 and a warm welcome to the community! Please do have a look around and let me know if there is anything that I can help with. I know I sometimes have difficulties communicating with others if I am unsure they are looking at me, or if the communication is non- verbal (I am partially sighted)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @margaret_rose66

Welcome! I am deaf in both ears and partially sighted, communication can be exhausting especially when I meet new people. I don't know much sign language and some people don't take time to speak slowly and clearly for me to understand which ends up leaving me frustrated. Luckily I have supportive family and friends around me who try anyway possible to help me understand. Do you have any communication issues?

Ami. :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.