Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Torrens_58
Torrens_58 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello my name is Anne Torrens.  I'm new to this site.  

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Torrens_58
    Welcome to the community!
    Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?
    Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Torrens_58,

Welcome to the community! :) 
    Liam
  • Torrens_58
    Torrens_58 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, 
    I'm a qualified teacher. But due to a reoccurring depressive disorder.  I had to give up teaching in 2013. Since then I claimed ESA and PIP.  But was refused.  My case went to Tribunal in 2014 . I was awarded both benefits with the help and support of MIND. Since I like working if possible. I started making sauces from home. When I felt a bit better.  My ESA was then stopped . As I claimed working tax credit. Of recent my Mental health has suffered again. Do I had to stop working.  Instead of getting support my  PIP was recently taken away in July also.  I have had to reclaim and pay for a report from my doctor. I'm not stI'll awaiting a decision on both benefits.  When you try to work and help yourself it seems that you are penalised.  The government needs to make it easier for people to claim, when they feel unwell and is in the system already. It does not encourage people to work. As they get nothing but hassle when they try to reclaim. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Torrens_58, I am really sorry to hear this. We have boards on PIP and ESA if you need support getting this :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.