Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Urgent transport required
Hi. I am desperately trying to find transport to take a friend who has had a stroke and is wheelchair bound ok holiday to Center Parcs. Ideally we would like a vehicle with driver big enough for a medium sized wheelchair. We live in Blackheath and are going to Elveden Forest. I have tried numerous mini bus companies, with no luck and many companies have not bothered to reply. My friend has not had a holiday since his stroke 10 years ago and would be extremely disappointed if the holiday would have to be cancelled. Can anybody help please. Thank you.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.