Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Urgent transport required

lisawlisaw Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi.  I am desperately trying to find transport to take a friend who has had a stroke and is wheelchair bound ok holiday to Center Parcs. Ideally we would like a vehicle with driver  big enough for a medium sized wheelchair.  We live in Blackheath and are going to Elveden Forest.  I have tried numerous mini bus companies, with no luck and many companies have not bothered to reply. My friend has not had a holiday since his stroke 10 years ago and would be extremely disappointed if the holiday would have to be cancelled. Can anybody help please. Thank you.   


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Does your friend receive PIP or DLA? Maybe they can use this money to pay for the cost of a hire vehicle? if you can find someone to drive it.  A disabled access taxi could potentially cost a lot of money, but this will depend on how far you have to travel. I hope you find some answers.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.