Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is pockets!
i have had to move away from plymouth on 2 previous occasions as the housing they offer me is so inadequate but the 1 i am in now i have been told by both guiness and the fire service is too unsuitable for me and is a great danger to me also the problem i have is i cannot bend my legs and am a paraplegic i also have diabetes copd spondalosis osteo arthritis dequirins and various other problems so i am once again being forced to move i am unable to get good sized property in plymouth so i am moving to north yorkshire i am in the process of applying for pip replacing my DLA should hear very soon also i am 60 next birthday also my hubby has severe osteoporosis and cannot do much for me anymore he is 68 next birthday can you tell me will benefits pass with me and can i get a grant from anywhere to help with the costs of moving i do have a reletive up in yorkshire
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.