Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
9 year old struggling to socialise looking for maybe local groups?
Hi everyone thank you for taking the time to read. I am Sophie, I'm from Nottingham and I have 2 sons aged 6&9. My 9 yr old has Spina bifida and some other learning disabilities, which make it very difficult for him to socialise. Could anybody suggest somewhere maybe local to me? or point me in the direction of somewhere that we could maybe go, where he could socialise with children similar to him? He is still in main stream school ATM and have just started the ehcp nightmare, so I'm not holding out much hope that he will be in an additional needs school anytime soon. He is also having surgery the 11th September. Thank you again Sophie xx
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.