Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Anybody suffers from Polymialgia Rheumatica?

sunbeamsunbeam Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in Disabled people
Anybody suffers from Polymialgia Rheumatica?Any advice appreciated

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sunbeam and a very warm welcome to the community! I will love your discussion in the hope of others being able to advise. In the meantime why not look around the community and get involved with anything that interests you :) Please do let me know if there is anything that I can do!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sunbeam, and welcome- great username!

You appear to be the first person to discuss Polymialgia Rheumatica on the community so far- would you perhaps like to tell us some more about your own experiences?
  • sunbeamsunbeam Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Stat the moment I am not suffering too much as I am on medication. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this complaint?
  • axwy62axwy62 Member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    I don't have PR and never did, though it is one of the completely wrong diagnoses I've been given in the past, so I have done a bit of research. From what I remember speaking to another lady at the clinic who had it, once the meds kicked in she was a lot better and was managing well, but she had to keep taking them for a very long time.
  • dougal1dougal1 Member Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi sunbeam, 
    Welcome ,I've suffered from polymyalga for a number of years, was on high dose of steroids and pain killer's it's in remission at mo, although I wake up with really sore shoulders, hope that help x
Sign in or join us to comment.