PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Filling in the renew blue badge form at drop in centre

Gwenewen7Gwenewen7 Member Posts: 29 Connected
Well I do have to share this its been a nightmare I need to renew my blue badge 16th sept so rang them said I could do it online Right so after various attempts and fails online they said go to drop in centre it will be easy they said rubbish .
I got all my stuff together passport utility bill blue badge with number pics off I went 
So I got there had to join the library to get a number to use the computer nice staff talked me through the sign in of I went got on the site started filling it in got half way through the needed my nhs number only thing not got so shut it down dashed home got it went back off we go again it hadn't saved it so from beginning again I was cracking on then it flashed up session to close in 3 mins PANIC I was working at speed light now tick this tic that I know I have messed up but know what I don't care its a joke I have to say talk bout stressful I rather go absailing off Blackpool tower I scared heights but has to be less stressful blue badge people I apologise in advance I have ticked things I might got wrong but when you call me in I will sort it all out then I really need a cup of tea with a shot of something to calm me down .

Replies

  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Like most all online renewals you have to have so much information to hand and being away from home makes the task harder. Maybe companies, instutions will hav or give a check list, please have or you will need, before you start then so many of us won’t end up in a worst state than before we started. Hope you get your blue badge renewed ok.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Gwenewen7 said:
    Well I do have to share this its been a nightmare I need to renew my blue badge 16th sept so rang them said I could do it online Right so after various attempts and fails online they said go to drop in centre it will be easy they said rubbish .
    I got all my stuff together passport utility bill blue badge with number pics off I went 
    So I got there had to join the library to get a number to use the computer nice staff talked me through the sign in of I went got on the site started filling it in got half way through the needed my nhs number only thing not got so shut it down dashed home got it went back off we go again it hadn't saved it so from beginning again I was cracking on then it flashed up session to close in 3 mins PANIC I was working at speed light now tick this tic that I know I have messed up but know what I don't care its a joke I have to say talk bout stressful I rather go absailing off Blackpool tower I scared heights but has to be less stressful blue badge people I apologise in advance I have ticked things I might got wrong but when you call me in I will sort it all out then I really need a cup of tea with a shot of something to calm me down .
    Tell me about it.
    My wife is awarded high rate Attendance Allowance indefinitely due to age (74) and her difficulties but which does not have a mobility element - just care.
    Anyhow I followed the link that the council gave in an email to re-new her Blue Badge. It was an online service which in my opinion was pretty good as long as you had the info needed to hand.
    Some weeks later the council sent another email asking her to fill in, scan and return via email the full form. This then completed giving reasons why she needs a Blue Badge and that one had just expired. 
    She then had to go to an assessment in a car park in town???? She borrowed our son in law's car and drove to the appointment. on her own. 
    Once there the assessor, so I am told, wanted to know how she managed to drive such a low car (jaguar). She explained that it wasn't hers. A bit of walking later and she came back home.
    Recently received a letter telling her that her application has been denied primarily because of the car that she used - it was mentioned in the report that no one with a walking problem could even consider driving such a car.
    Ummm  maybe a 4 x 4 would be better and a pair of step ladders?



  • Gwenewen7Gwenewen7 Member Posts: 29 Connected
    If it wasn't so important it would be funny but it really isn't it causing so much stress to people already under stress I think it needs a,review its a nightmare 
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    edited August 2018
    Gwenewen7 said:
    If it wasn't so important it would be funny but it really isn't it causing so much stress to people already under stress I think it needs a,review its a nightmare 
    I saw the funny side of it too but my poor wife was annoyed and angry.
    Still she could try again I suppose but borrow our other son in law's car which is a great big brute of a 4 x 4 - BMW X5 - and I'll put the step ladders in the boot for her! Bless her she's only 4'11" (the wife I mean not the car)  whilst the car is 6' 10" !!
  • Gwenewen7Gwenewen7 Member Posts: 29 Connected
    Now I am sorry but I can now see this image of your poor wife with ladders its a good job we can laugh about it I do hope your poor wife gets it sorted and you will have the memories of a 4x4 and a step ladder to be honest I think you could sell tkts for that one I am smiling now thank you for that image 
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    edited August 2018
    Gwenewen7 said:
    Now I am sorry but I can now see this image of your poor wife with ladders its a good job we can laugh about it I do hope your poor wife gets it sorted and you will have the memories of a 4x4 and a step ladder to be honest I think you could sell tkts for that one I am smiling now thank you for that image 
    Yes you do have to laugh at your own adversities.
    Next time I will take her so that I can get the damn ladders for her!
    I am seriously in two minds to do exactly that, park up, open the boot and open the ladders next to the passenger door or it will just have to be a magical moment of her leaping out into my open arms and us both crumpled up on the floor. - would love to see the assessor's face.

  • Gwenewen7Gwenewen7 Member Posts: 29 Connected
    So would I to be honest  it's a good job we can laugh about it 
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    All joking aside my mum has it use steps to get in my sons car, it’s a big vehicle.
    @Yadnad I would definitely do it
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    It is actually funny trying to get her in the car even within steps
Sign in or join us to comment.