Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

I'm getting UC and ESA SG both separately??

Hello, I need help! 

Moved out of supported accommodation to independent living, forcing me to apply for Universal credit and it has been a mess! I got my statement for my first payment which is due the end of this week. It's a standard living allowance and my housing costs which is fine except my ESA support group hasn't been taken into account. I told my work coach everything at the interview! 

I called UC and they claimed they haven't received any word from ESA (a report). I called ESA, they say my account is still live (my next payment is due next week)  and that UC haven't done anything and needs to send a request for information, that i shouldn't be calling to do that. 

I am at a loss for words. It seems i am going to get UC and ESA SG separately. Both departments have no idea what is going on! I am finished calling them now, i was really upset when i got that statement but now i dont think it matters. 

Any advice for this odd outcome? 
Sign in or join us to comment.