I've just had my PIP assessment. Can I lose my car? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've just had my PIP assessment. Can I lose my car?

1Sarah
1Sarah Scope Member Posts: 6 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve got permanent drop foot. And I’ve just had my pip assement. Wait of my depression. Can I lost my car

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @1Sarah Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing.  Sorry what has happened.  Please have you looked at our PIP advice, information and lots of support from community members.

We are a friendly supportive community.

Ask the community anything some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @1Sarah,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. In terms of your car, is this a car leased through Motability?

If, following your assessment, you are no longer eligible for the enhanced rate of the mobility component of PIP, then you will no longer be eligible for a car from Motability. They have more information about this on their website, which you might find useful.

We also have a lot of information about Personal Independence Payments on our website that may help as well. 

Liam
  • honeymonster
    honeymonster Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi i have recently  talked to dla and if you have been on dla for over 10 years you are entitled to  to 1 off payment  if £2000 to help you get a new car i know its not a great deal but there  are cars out there.

• 1Sarah
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for your help. But I’m still awaiting for my pip award letter. I’ve was just asking in case I get bad news.   

• steph72
    steph72 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    no u will not loose ur car if u get 12 points and above u can claim for motobiltity 

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @1Sarah

Ask PIP to send you a copy of the assessor's report which should take about 10 days and will give you a good idea of what your award will be.
  • steph72
    steph72 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    1Sarah if u get 12 points and above on pip u can claim Motobilty u can get a new car , if u do get 12 points u claim straight away for motobilty,if u get 10 points u will get like £90 every month , 

• 1Sarah
    Thank you to you all. I will have a wait to find out. 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    Best of luck, @1Sarah - do keep us posted!
    Liam

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.