Will the enhanced rate be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will the enhanced rate be backdated?

Cheryl19700
Cheryl19700 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone my son has been on low rate dla for a while but has now been awarded pip enhanced rate on both daily and mobility.will he get any money back dated

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cheryl19700
    Welcome to the community! I am unsure therefore I can't advise you. However another member of the community will know and will be in contact with you soon. Please let us know if we can do anything else to help you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering

Hi @Cheryl19700,

Was the enhanced rate PIP awarded following an appeal or following the PIP face-to-face assessment?

Liam
  • blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    @Cheryl19700 if u was asked to move from dla to pip  then no you will get the  enhanced rate back dated when going throu the change the new rates wil come in to affect  on  his awarded date i just gone throu the change with my son x 
  • Cheryl19700
    Cheryl19700 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    It was because my son turned 16 and it wasn't an appeal
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    Then there won't be any backdated money. PIP payments start from the date of the decision when transferring from DLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Cheryl19700,

It's as Poppy says. If PIP is worth more than DLA there is no backdating, I'm afraid. Entitlement to PIP simply starts the day DLA ends, which is usually four weeks after the DLA pay day which follows the PIP decision.

I know this can seem unfair. It sounds like you might have been able to get more DLA if you'd looked into it, but your son couldn't have claimed PIP any early than 16 anyway.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.