What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Introduction and a question

Hi, my name is Wendy, I have a husband and a 'disabled' son. He has epilepsy that cannot be controlled by drugs and a blood disorder that he has to take blood thinning meds for. The meds make him very cold all the time and I just wondered if we or him would be entitled to any sort of heating allowance to help him to have the heating on all the time. He does of course live at home with us. Hi is 38 years old. Thankyou.


  • dodydody Member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hi Wendy, welcome. I can't advise you with your question, but I'm sure there will be someone who will come forward and at least point you in a direction where you may be able to find some answers. Have you tried ringing the Citizens Advice Bureau? They can sometimes help you with these sort of benefit questions. Have a good day xx
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    There's the warm home discount but this is only available to those on certain benefits or if you have low income. Not all energy companies are part of the scheme and it's £140 per year. The energy accounts would also need to be in your son's name if he lives with you. https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • dignifieddolldignifieddoll Member Posts: 52 Connected
    Its also available to pensioners as i signed my mother upto it about 4yrs ago .very easy to apply 
Sign in or join us to comment.