What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Won PIP on appeal but can I claim back the cost of the car I had to buy?

pjncmnpjncmn Member Posts: 1 Listener
hi every one  i tranfered from DLA to PIPS and lost my benefits due to inacurate reporting so i put in for a MR this was  in oct 2016  last week i won my MRapeal and was awarded a full pips  with mobility
in the mean time can it cost me 15000 to purchase a new car as thedla car was returned  would i be able to claim this money because it soaked up all my pension

Replies

• jane1973jane1973 Member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    @pjncmn hello and welcome i am sure someone will be along to see if they can help direct you, 
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,489 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pjncmn
    Welcome to the community! Congratulations on winning your appeal! Unfortunately I am unsure however another member of the community may be able to help you and will be in contact with you shortly! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Great news on the Tribunal. However i'm afraid you won't be able to claim back the cost of the car you bought. I'm sorry if this isn't the news you wanted to hear.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,009 Disability Gamechanger
    You can make a claim for damages using EA 10 but you’ll need to see a solicitor who knows what they’re doing with that legislation.
Sign in or join us to comment.