PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP appeal success for a mental health condition

ruthmadbruthmadb Member Posts: 8 Connected
I acted as the appointee for my son. Having been turned down for PIP, turned down at the Mandatory Reconsideration, today we SUCCEEDED at the tribunal. We had hoped for standard living rate but received higher rate for living and standard rate for mobility. Unbelievable. We are over the moon. My local CAB was very helpful indeed and I did write a VERY in-depth supporting statement.  I am happy to pass on my suggestions.
As our appeal was around mental health we were not optimistic. 
Hey!!!!

Replies

• ruthmadbruthmadb Member Posts: 8 Connected
    I acted as the appointee for my son. Having been turned down for PIP, turned down at the Mandatory Reconsideration, today we SUCCEEDED at the tribunal. We had hoped for standard living rate but received higher rate for living and standard rate for mobility. Unbelievable. We are over the moon. My local CAB was very helpful indeed and I did write a VERY in-depth supporting statement.  I am happy to pass on my suggestions.
    As our appeal was around mental health we were not optimistic. 
    Hey!!!!
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ruthmadb, congratulations on winning the appeal! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us all and I am so pleased for you and your son!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.