Pip renewal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip renewal

sallyak
sallyak Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone thanks for adding me to the group. My pip is up for renewal in June 2019. I'm already panicking ? since my last pip application 4+ years,ago , I have been diagnosed with copd.  I've been in hospital a few times and came out weaker. How will this affect my pip application ? Any ideas . Thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,934 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No one can really tell you that, it really depends how your conditions affect you, rather than a diagnosis. The review will be the same process as before. Evidence will be needed and expect another face 2 face assessment as most have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    As Poppy says what your health issues are will not get you PIP.
    I have a long list of both life limiting and lifelong conditions + a mental health problem.

They are all well documented and proven but that alone did not give me any points. My difficulty is translating how these conditions affect me to the descriptors.

Hence with this last review I have been given 0 points whereas 2 years previously the DWP awarded me Enhanced Care & Mobility

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.