Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA

Macky47Macky47 Member Posts: 45 Connected
I received letter from DWP about looking back at my claim for ESA contribution based. They rang me 3september, they said they were going to look at my claim dating back to July 2013, as when migrated from incapacity benefit I may have been placed in wrong group & possibly owed backdated premiums. If when decision is made i could be moved across to income related ESA. I would like to ask has this happened to anyone. Thx

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes absolutely. When people moved across from IB to ESA they were automatically placed onto CB ESA and were never assessed for any Income Related top up. DWP realised their mistake and are now contacting those that maybe affected. Being assessed for this can take a few months or more, that's because there's most likely a backlog of people waiting for the same reasons you are. Hopefully not much longer now.

You'll always be on Contributions based but with an Income Related top up.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Macky47Macky47 Member Posts: 45 Connected
    Will I then be entitled to SDP
    Yes as previously advised in your other thread about SDP, see here.

I know it's stressful waiting but there's really nothing you can do until they've assessed your claim, any money owed will be backdated along with the SDP once you apply as stated in your previous threads.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    DWP, told me when decision is made they would possibly move me over to income related ESA
    Macky47 said:
    DWP, told me when decision is made they would possibly move me over to income related ESA
    You'll receive an Income related top up on your contributions based. You'll always be on Contributions based but the income related top up with give you free prescriptions, eye tests and dental treatment, along with the premiums on top.
    What do you mean by premiums on top, sorry for being a pain. 
    The income related top ups as i explained to you in one of your previous threads.
Sign in or join us to comment.