Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Waiting for my ESA appeal

tobybluetobyblue Member Posts: 4 Listener
I have been waiting since march for my esa appeal. I have incontinence copd sciatica and migrane fits .Has anyone any idea how much longer i will have to wait for my appeal and also how many points i may be awarded? I am 61 yrs.

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,139 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tobyblue
    Welvome to the community! Did they suggest roughly how long you could be waiting for?
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • tobybluetobyblue Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Nothing at all as to when ami but ive had all my bundles off paper work back and also bits of evidence that I had sent them.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Some people are waiting a year or more for their hearing date for Tribunal, so you could be waiting a while yet. You can ring HMCTS and ask them how much longer they think it will be, this will only be a guide but it will give you some idea.

Also remember that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's about how those conditions affect you daily. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • tobybluetobyblue Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you Poppy.x
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @tobyblue! For what it's worth, I hope things move forward for you soon, and do keep us updated.
  • aqualucidaqualucid Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi, don't wish to be the bearer of bad news but I can only write from my own personal experience. I have heard that it depends on area. I am in west midlands and I had to wait a full thirteen months for my tribunal. I did win but I suppose the only upside is the longer you wait the more back pay due to you. Sincerely hope you do not have the wait that I did. Good luck
Sign in or join us to comment.