If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP Changes

dragon1998dragon1998 Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, does anyone know what changes I need to give to PIP?
My main disability is getting worse and I now, after a basic operation, I can hardly walk let alone drive!
Probably just write to them, but I dont think I can handle doing another form!  CAB helped me so much with the first form and appeal, which I obviously won.


  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you on standard rates and now looking for enhanced?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Reporting a change of circumstances means more forms and most likely another face to face assessment. There's no guarantee that you'll be awarded a higher rate and before reporting any changes then you should get further advice from either your local welfare rights, CAB or any other disability advice centre near you.

    You must also have had the condition for at least 3 months and expect it to last a further 9 months. With only recently having an operation it's normal not to be feeling very well and possibly struggle with daily life. Your Consultant will most likely be expecting your condition to improve slightly sometime in the near future as usually a Consultant won't operate if there's no chance of improvement.

    I would urge you to get further advice before reporting any changes.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • dragon1998dragon1998 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Not looking for higher rate, just wasn't sure what I needed to report.  Thanks poppy12345 brilliant answer x
Sign in or join us to comment.