Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Payment

Hi do I have to declare a payment, my company have finally agreed to finish me on health grounds when I receive payment do I have to declare

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    It depends what payment you're talking about. It is a lump sum payment or an ill health pension?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Siaman63Siaman63 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi it is a lump sum to end my contract on grounds of ill health
    Siaman63
    Contributions based ESA is not affected by savings/capital. Some ESA claims have an income related top up, if yours does then savings/capital over £6,000 will affect the Income related top up.

Savings/capital affect means tested benefits anything £6,000 and over affects them £1 for every £250 over that amount. £16,000 and over and all means tested benefits stop. If you claim housing benefit and council tax reduction then these are means tested benefits.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I understand that thanks all I need to know is will I have to declare it to the ESA I think it's going to be around £ 3.000
    No, not if your ESA is all Contributions based.
    Thanks for your input very helpful.
    Regards
Sign in or join us to comment.