Ask your questions about Cerebral Palsy and ageing: Q&A with Dr Shah
In the lead up to World Cerebral Palsy Day, we've been adding some extra features to the community over the week. This coming Monday 8 October, we'll be hosting a Question and Answer session with CP and ageing specialist Dr Shah. Find out more and how you can get involved below!
My name is Dr Sonali Shah (@DrShah), and I’m a British Indian disabled woman. I’m a disability researcher, teacher and consultant concerned with the global challenges of equality, inclusion, health and social wellbeing of disabled people. I graduated with a PhD in Occupational Psychology and Disability at Loughborough University in 2002.
Since then I have developed a series of innovative projects on disability issues, human rights and social change, using exciting projects to bring an awareness of disability and social change to non-academic and young audiences. I strive to provide a platform for disabled people to have a voice in the development of practices and policies that impact their lives.
I’m a published author, and also co-ordinate the international Facebook group Women Ageing with Cerebral Palsy, a group for women with CP aged over 21.
I’m here on the community to answer your questions about ageing, lived experience and policy about CP. Leave your question in the comments below, and I’ll be live on the community on Monday 8th October at 10.30am to respond. See you then!
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments