PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Does PIP affect ESA?

Sharlon22Sharlon22 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I just put in a claim for pip and was wondering if this would affect my esa as I have not been payed yet? Please help 

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    No it wont as the benefits dont overlap and either can be claimed without the other or indeed both together. 
  • Sharlon22Sharlon22 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you but this doesn't explain why I haven't been payed and its really making me stress 

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,752 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sharlon22 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this. Have you tried contacting them?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you had a face to face assessment for the PIP claim? Most people have these, as it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

Are you due an ESA payment or have you recently started a claim for this too? If you've already claimed, are you in a group?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Sharlon22Sharlon22 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I'm in the support group for esa and Ive only just claimed pip 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you rang them to ask why you haven't received payment? This will be the only way you'll know why. Unless you've received another ESA50 form recently and haven't returned it then this could be a reason why you haven't received payment.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.