Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

ESA

Ive recently been awarded my esa back as i went to an appeal and won it last month  And been told im in the wrag group and today got a letter saying ive got an appointment at the job centre 26th of this month i  was wondering if i will get back pay as ive asked dwp & they told me it was done after April this year & then i get told yes i will get back pay so i dont know what to believe.
Any advice would be appreciated 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It will depend when you first started to claim ESA. If it was after April 2017 then you won't be paid any back dated money because those that claimed after this date won't be paid any extra on WRAG.

If it was before April 2017 then yes you'll be back dated the difference between assessment rate and WRAG, which is about £30ish extra per week.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • sambobsambob Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you poppy 123456 
    Do you know how long it takes for them to pay you 
    It can takes anything up to 8 weeks.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    sambob said:
    as ive asked dwp & they told me it was done after April this year
    If you're claim started after April of this year then there's no extra money for being placed in the WRAG.
Sign in or join us to comment.