Do you think I may qualify for any repayments? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Do you think I may qualify for any repayments?

Gregy Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi do you think I may qualify for any repayments and will be 68 June 19 and I've been unemployed since 2010 for the last 3 years I've gone on low payment Pip


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gregy welcome to the community!

    Do you mean backdated payments?

    You could be eligible for Attendance Allowance which you can read more about here.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Gregy,

    Is the repayment you mention regarding the recent ESA underpayments that were announced recently? 

    If so, the Government has published a document on the ESA underpayments which might be of interest to you. They say:
    "Largely between January 2011 and October 2014 some people receiving Incapacity Benefit and Severe Disablement Allowance had their claims converted to contributory ESA. However, the possibility of whether they may also have been entitled to income-related ESA was not considered for all cases. This means they may have missed out on the payment of premiums, such as the Enhanced Disability Premium."

    I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any other questions!

  • Gregy
    Gregy Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Liam thank you very much for your reply it's just that I've been on so many different benefits I don't know where I stand I think I'll just wait and see if they write to me and take it from there but thank you very much anyway bye


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.