Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Disability element

TonyMonTonyMon Member Posts: 17 Connected
edited October 2018 in Universal Credit
Hi guys can anyone tell me what is replacing the disability element in working tax credits if your on UC?

Replies

• TonyMonTonyMon Member Posts: 17 Connected
    I’m guessing there isn’t one then :/
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's LCWRA and for this you need fit notes from your GP, evidence to support your claim and most likely a face to face assessment.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I bet it’s less money too think I’ll stop on tax credits 😀
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not guaranteed either because you have to be placed into that group before they pay you the extra money.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Yes I no you don’t get any money for been in the other group now if u started your UC after April 17
Sign in or join us to comment.