Hi, my name is emsboy89! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is emsboy89!

Options
emsboy89
emsboy89 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My son has just turned 16. Received a letter stating his dla has stopped so I’ve just starting the process of claiming pip. Does he receive any money until the pip is finalised and roughly how long as everyone’s took from first claim to getting the award notice for pip. I’m so confused on everything 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @emsboy89 welcome to the community!

Don't worry, we will help you! :)

PIP claimants do not receive any money until the claimant has been notified by letter stating whether they will award or not. If awarded, the letter will state when the money will go in his bank account. Waiting times for a face-to-face assessment can vary depending on their backlog. I waited 8 weeks for my assessment but it could be a lot sooner for him.

Have a look at our PIP information and videos. They explain all you need to know, also check out PIP FAQs.

If you have any questions that you have trouble finding the answer to then please let us know! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.