Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Esa tribunal win

Dylanc123Dylanc123 Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I need some advice please ..I was on esa contribution assessment rate which was stopped nov17 as I was found fit for work .i did my mr and then appealed and my contribution assessment rate payment started up again in January 2018...my contributions run out and payments stopped in August .my tribunal was October 11th and I was put into support group .i phoned today to find out when my payments would start again and was told I would only have backpay as my contributions ended before my tribunal so I will not be getting support group esa ..surely this can’t be right as if I had been put in support group at time of my assessment there would have been no time limit on contribution based esa..can anyone tell me if this is the case please I have to wait till Thursday for a call back and am so distressed over this ..thanks in advance 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You are correct, Support Group contributions based isn't time limited and is paid for as long as you remain in that group. Are you sure the decision was Support Group and not WRAG?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Dylanc123Dylanc123 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Definately support group and advised not to be reassessed ...they are saying cos my contribution esa finished before the tribunal I don’t get monthly payments only backpay 
    No, this isn't correct. You'll receive backdated money and money every 2 weeks because there's no time limit to CB ESA Support Group.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Hi I just had a phone call it was a mistake ..I can breathe again now I think they had put me in wrag by mistake by the sound of things ..thanks for your help x
    No problem. Glad they realised their mistake. Great news on the win also!
Sign in or join us to comment.