When will I get ESA backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get ESA backdated?

Options
Gilhurst
Gilhurst Community member Posts: 2 Listener
When will I get esa backdated been on it since 2012

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Gilhurst   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I do not know the answer to your question. Some from our community or team might know.

Understand benefits are confusing and complex. I would consider speaking to CAB . Have a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Especially information, advice on all benefit enquiries. Good with form filling in. Giving support with that.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Please ask if we can help and advise on anything.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Gilhurst said:
    When will I get esa backdated been on it since 2012
    Hi,

The underpayments are for those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA. Whether you're one of those affected will totally depend on your circumstances. DWP will eventually contact everyone the transferred from IB to ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gilhurst, and a warm welcome to the community! I hope the above responses have helped to clarify things.
  • herbie1986
    herbie1986 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    They have until April 2019 to get everything sorted.

I only found out about my letter on Wednesday
  • Gilhurst
    Gilhurst Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Where you just on esa benifit
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Whether or not you're owed any backdated money like i said will depend on circumstances. Living with a partner that works, household income, savings and capital all go against claiming any income related benefits. As you haven't given any information then it's impossible to help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • herbie1986
    Options
    Gilhurst said:
    Where you just on esa benifit
    No, I was migrated from incapacity benefit on to ESA CB based.

I have no savings, partner, never worked since or before 2013, my sister she gets the premium as someone ages ago filled in esa3 form but I didn't know if I would get it, she too lives at home.
    She gets £254 I get £224.10.

• poppy123456
    Options
    As you have a partner then what benefits is your partner claiming? You say they haven't working since 2013?
  • herbie1986
    Options
    Haven't worked before 2013 nor after.
    No partner

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.