Appealing PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing PIP

Options
lucy85
lucy85 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I'm needing advice I'm currently on standard and appealing for enhanced rate but also I've got new one going through as I deterated since last one Aug 17. Had assement last week. Appeal November 28th. Any help will great thank you x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lucy85, and welcome! Great to have you here.

Just to clarify, have you started a new PIP application whilst appealing another PIP decision? 
  • lucy85
    Options
    I ask for a reconsideration they couldn't do it so I'm appealing that. Then they sent out some forms so they see what changed so had to have another assement. 
  • Andrew45
    Andrew45 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi Lucy85, get CAB advice before filling in the form, don't know what you are suffering from, but we got huge help from MS Therapies, if you belong to a club associated with your illness ask them, but if all else fails the CAB are on the ball
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Reporting a change of circumstances while waiting for a Tribunal isn't the greatest thing you could have done. Any new decision made on your change of circumstances will overrule the decision made by the Tribunal. I would certainly not have reported a change of circumstances at this late stage. Too late for this now as you've reported the changes and had your assessment. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lucy85
    Options
    I haven't reported it so late on I wouldn't of done that! It was same time I ask for a reconsideration. It was them who me I had to do a new form as things had changed and they are allowing for both and they can both can be done at Same time and which one comes back quickest will be one they go with. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lucy85 said:
    which one comes back quickest will be one they go with. 
    This isn't correct. A decision on your new claim for reporting a change of circumstances will overrule a Tribunal decision. The Tribunal is for your current claim and change of circumstances is a new claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.