I’m New. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’m New.

Options
Annabellacat
Annabellacat Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all, I’m new to this site, well it’s the first time I have wrote to the community, it’s lovely to meet you all, ? I’m from Stafford in the Midlands.
I had a Brain Anyerism nearly 6 years ago, I’m very blessed to be here the hospital said for all my relatives to come in that night as I was going to die, I’m a Christian and one of the pastors came from my Church x prayed for me in Tonges.I knew non of this as I was in a coma.
 It was quite a difficult time, but they operated and I pulled through, it was very hard after but sometimes I can be very determined. But my Husband left me the day after I came out of hospital, he said he could not cope with this. ????

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Annabellacat welcome to the community!

I am terribly sorry for what you have been through but it sounds like you're a very strong-minded woman! Look forward to chatting with you!

Do let us know if we can be of any assistance! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ofme
    ofme Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    Hi Annabellacat, you must have been through hell and back and I hope you make a full recovery. Your situation with your husband has made me feel sad. I know how you may be feeling, as my husband left me and 3 children when I became ill. I wish you all the best x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Annabellacat :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Annabellacat

Welcome it’s great to meet you today!!!!!

Yes I had a similar problem with my “Brain”

I was also given no “Chance/hope” initially.

My clothes were given to my family & they were told “No Good”

I’m still “Alive & Definitely Kicking”

I’m sorry to hear about your husband.

Mind you I am “Mark 2” nowadays for “better or worse”

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further???
  • Annabellacat
    Annabellacat Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Steve , I’m glad you came through a similar situation to myself, but we are alive x kicking ? its great to be alive, but u definitely find out what your family are like don’t you? My family were arguing about MY HOUSE, I was so shocked about it when I found out ? then my X left me, it was like Hell on earth? then I had to have carers in, x my family hardly helped me , I had a nervous breakdown.
    kind Regards Ann
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time @Annabellacat
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.