is there anyone else going through this nightmare — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

is there anyone else going through this nightmare

Options
ebeneee
ebeneee Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
 Hi Everyone
I made contact with the Tribunal after a week to see if  they had received documents i had sent to them, i was told they had received all and gave me a reference number to quote on any other supporting evidence i was sending in,  i was told the date all was sent to the DWP hard copy by post and theres a intel system they uploaded onto the system that DWP could upload and retrieve all, i then contacted DWP and spoke to appeals manager to see if they had received my papers from Tribunal, i was told they had not received anything on two different occasions,i then contacted Tribunal again and they repeated the same thing they hold told me the day before, they even said someone from the DWP had contact them enquiring about the Tribunal paperwork, i then contact my MP as im now frustrated and at a loss, i received an email today from MP it looks like she had put in a complaint regarding this  message from DWP  informing her that Tribunal paperwork had been received on the date i was told by the Tribunal, they was waiting on case manager to look at paperwork again, if they wanted they would extend time to submit "Bundle" The relief i felt when i received the email, i became emotional because it was getting too me, Its  not funny when people  try and play games  with people who have a disability and who are vulnerable, i thank God for my MP as she has been my rock.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It it sounds and like the DWP don’t know what’s going on in their own internal departments. All the calls are loged and recorded and as I understand it the computer systems are updated as well so the call centres are able to answer our telephone questions when we call them, hence all the security questions asked when we call. Saying that I received a notification letter saying we had been awarded Carer’s allowance so after asking if any other paper work would be sent and told no I sent the information letter to my council to reinstate our housing benefits, then four days letter having had the previous letter for three weeks we received the offaward letter with award amounts ect so rang the council and sent in the official award letter. The council official said looks like they don’t know what they are doing.
  • ebeneee
    Options
     Hi Wilko................ Theyve been a nightmare Wilko ...... thanks for sharing at least something positive came out of your situation...............its all good
  • Kittenpink23
    Kittenpink23 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    I know just how your feeling, I’m just waiting for my face to face next Thursday they are coming to my home.
    Nobody gets it, the only way I can explain it to people that can work is it’s like waiting for someone who doesn’t know you to decide if your going to lose your job and your  home all at the same time. I’ll so worried and I wish you all the luck..
  • ebeneee
    Options
    Hi Kittenpink23,
    Thank you for responding to my message, even though im going through the appeals, dont worry yourself, just be yourself and tell them how you are on a daily basis, its even better that they are coming to your home because they can observe you in your home setting................ good luck hope everything goes well for you  Kitten pink23
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ebeneee said:
    Hi Kittenpink23,
    Thank you for responding to my message, even though im going through the appeals, dont worry yourself, just be yourself and tell them how you are on a daily basis, its even better that they are coming to your home because they can observe you in your home setting................ good luck hope everything goes well for you  Kitten pink23
    As long as you don't pop into the kitchen to slice up some homemade cake and make a pot of tea for the both of you!
  • ebeneee
    Options
    i was thinking the same thing Yadnad

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.