PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Chronic Pain

Ch278Ch278 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
hi All I have had my assessment and the DWP has my report I was told by my examinier my case was pretty straightforward and I should hear within 4 weeks. I’m going into week 2 now , I was wondering if there is anyone else that suffers witch chronic back pain and takes high doseages of pain killers ?  And did your case go through ? 
This is so stressful all of this and it is causing my angziety to flare up in full . 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. If the descriptors don't apply then you won't score those points for an award. It's totally impossible to compare 2 people.

There's no timescales to decisions but if you live in the UK then you can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report.

It's normal to feel more anxious when waiting for a decision, everyone feels exactly the same. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,139 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ch278 welcome to the community! As @poppy123456 says, hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer! :)
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • atlas46atlas46 Community champion Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi @Ch278

A very warm welcome.

Give the PIP helpline a call, to request a copy of your assessment report.

When you have this to hand, you will be able to see what has been recommended.

Hope this helps.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.
  • YadnadYadnad Member - under moderation Posts: 2,862 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Ch278 said:
    hi All I have had my assessment and the DWP has my report I was told by my examinier my case was pretty straightforward and I should hear within 4 weeks. I’m going into week 2 now , I was wondering if there is anyone else that suffers witch chronic back pain and takes high doseages of pain killers ?  And did your case go through ? 
    This is so stressful all of this and it is causing my angziety to flare up in full . 
    Poppy is correct.

However specifically answering your question I too have back pain that is medicated with Morphine and Pregabalin. I received 0 points for that condition.
    It all depends if you can match the impact on your life with the descriptors and in doing so gain at least 8 points. 
Sign in or join us to comment.