Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

lost my severe disability payment :(

loulouloulouloulou Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi can anyone tell me if I have a chance of getting my severe disability payments back ?  I moved house because I needed an adapted property and that triggered my move onto UC, it has taken them weeks to sort it out and now they have i get new style ESA (im in the support group )  and UC but minus £64 a week severe disability !  I am devastated there is no way I  am going to manage without this money, I've cried everyday since this happened because there is no way I  will ever be able to  work, I am to ill and I know I will not get better, I feel trapped and don't want to carry on anymore x


  • Firefly123Firefly123 Member Posts: 525 Pioneering
    I'm so sorry to hear that I've read so many in your situation. I don't have any advice but just want you to know your not alone 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Unfortunately, there's no premiums paid on UC. New style ESA is contributions based only and no premiums are paid on contributions based.

    There was talk back in June about those that had to move to UC because of a change of circumstances and lost their SDP will be paid some money to compensate what they lost. At the moment that's just talk and no plans have been put into place regarding this. If they are put into place in the future then DWP will contact you. In the meantime i'm afraid there's nothing else you can do but wait.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.