Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is mandyklee!
I was trying to get in touch with the Lincolnshire Scope branch but they were unable to give me the information I required.
I was hoping you could give me an opinion on a development occurring in Lincoln at the Brayford area. There will be a footbridge built allowing pedestrians to get a quicker access to opposite side of a train track without the hassle of waiting at the borders. However, plans recently changed, which meant that in order to save money, the rail line will have to remove the lift shafts, that were originally planned for use for disabled people. This now means that once the footbridge is built, disabled people will have to wait at the crossing whilst individuals with no disability can walk over the new footbridge,
Ethically speaking, what is your stance on this, as the charity does state, ' Equality for disabled people'.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.