If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Been awarded PIP woo hoo!!!!

Options
lizzieloz30
lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Hi Guys,

I've just rang up PIP as I knew they had made a decision this morning but they couldn't tell me what decision. My mind was going in circles. Anyhow I HAVE been awarded pip but the woman couldn't tell me at what rate yet as they were still doing all the finalising whilst she was on the phone. But woo hooo!!!! I'm made up!!! 

Comments

• GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Options
    Well done @lizzieloz30 now you can relax a bit and let's hope it's the result you wanted
    Cheers 
    Gizmo
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That’s good, as a regular poster you must have read many times, request your acessment report about a week after you acessment, it takes about 14 days to arrive once requested, on receiving it you can eirk out what your PIP award may, should be be looking at the points awarded per the PIP descriptors. Good luck.
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    @lizzieloz30 congratualtions! how long did it take to get the message about the decision from the message about recieving the form if you dont mind me asking? so happy for you xx 
  • lizzieloz30
    Options
    Hi @Eadiesmummy1 they received my assessors report on the 26th of oct a day after my f2f and made a decision today. Tomorrow will be exactly three weeks since I had my f2f. I rang on Monday & was told I wouldn't have a decision till Christmas lol, so ringing up is definitely worth it! 
  • lizzieloz30
    Options
    And thankyou :) xxx
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Options
    Thank you! Im so paranoid! i hope you get the award you want! so happy for you xxx 
  • lizzieloz30
    Options
    Don't worry I'm paranoid too. I'm suprised they haven't shouted at me the amount I have rang up lol. How long have you been waiting? & thank you xxx
  • amanda8289
    amanda8289 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    I  really  can't  make  myself  ring  them  i don't  have the fight, willpower or  energy to  pick the  phone  and  speak to  them 
  • amanda8289
    Options
    Thank you I'm  not  going to  get  my  hopes  up.  Thank you for for  your  encouraging  words  below I'm  sorry  to  be  such  a  Debbie downer I haven't  u much luck  the  last  few  years  x
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Options
    not even a week haha! had my f2f saturday they text to say recieved report monday morning. just waiting for the other text now. i dont think i will have got it, if i have its a bonus. thats why im so paranoid. and haha im like that, probably top caller they call me xxx 
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Options
    what did you say when you rang? i stutter when im on the phone lol xxx 
  • amanda8289
    Options
     :):)  me  too  lol x
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Options
    @amanda8289 best of luck to you xxx 
  • lizzieloz30
    Options
    DWP just rang, been awarded standard daily living & nothing for mobility which is an exact reflection of my assessors report :) & when Ive been ringing I just ask had a decision been made & then they have a look for me. I stutter also & always get my NI confused lol. 
  • lizzieloz30
    Options
    @amanda8289 can someone ring on your behalf xxx
  • amanda8289
    Options
    No unfortunately not only do smashed the house  phone  yesterday.  I was so up a height I didn't  know  what  I had  done  until  after.  Xx 
  • amanda8289
    Options
    DWP just rang, been awarded standard daily living & nothing for mobility which is an exact reflection of my assessors report :) & when Ive been ringing I just ask had a decision been made & then they have a look for me. I stutter also & always get my NI confused lol. 
    Bless you  lizzie I have  been  like  that  myself   in a  difficult situation  x
  • amanda8289
    Options
    That's fantastic news lizzie  it's always  nice to  hear  good  things  happening to  good  people  x
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,935 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations @lizzieloz30 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Options
    @lizzieloz30 i never knew they rang either! do they call of witheld? i always thought they sent a letter lol xxx 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.