Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

daisyboo2011
daisyboo2011 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Is there anyone else on here with fibromyalgia? I was diagnosed in 2013 but known I've had it a lot longer ( but without a name) just all these crazy symptoms appearing. Finding it hard to keep a steady job going and it's totally getting me down atm. Lost job on Friday only had it 2.5 weeks as a van driver now knocked my confidence in driving altogether. 

Comments

• XenasMum
    XenasMum Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Hi @daisyboo2011 I was d/x Jan 2015, much like yourself with weird symptoms. 
    However I haven't worked for quite some time as my DD is autistic and I wanted to be at home for her at the time she was starting senior school and since then she has gone through hell but tbh knowing how the last few years have been I doubt I would have been able to keep a job. Have you been to your GP? They may be able to prescribe antidepressants, or something to help with pain relief and/or sleeping. I really sympathise with your situation and hope you've got some type of support network. 
    I'm pretty sure I've had this for about 30 yrs now (I'm 49) any questions please feel free to ask xx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome fibro warrior 
  • grammy
    grammy Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I have this as one of my conditions   I really do not know which condition overlaps the next one ?
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Only got diagnosed last week after years also. Welcome 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.