awaiting tribunal, but been asked to fill another How your disability effect you — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

awaiting tribunal, but been asked to fill another How your disability effect you

donna63031
donna63031 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Can anyone please advice me, on .
request to fill in another How my disability effects me, from PIP, this is due to my illness deteriating
I have degenerative discs, bulging disc and impingement on my nerve L5 S1 right leg, this causes severe pain and lack of mobility.
I am also suffering severe depression and anxiety and was recently in hospital due to my severe anxiety. I feel as if I am constantly in a vicious cycle. I am also a recovering alcholic with support from project 6 and my physicatirist. Consuming a large amount of medication to help. I phoned the courts to see how long my tribunal will be, told another 26 weeks I have been waiting since April 2018, when I submitted my request to go to tribunal. Has anybody else had to do this.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you saying you started a new claim while currently waiting on a Tribunal for an existing PIP claim? do you currently have a PIP award or are you appealing a decision on a refusal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • donna63031
    Hi,
    I started my original claim in November last year, I sent all the paperwork of to tribunal in March this year and was told it could take a year for my hearing to be heard in Bradford. Since October my physical health and mental health is suffering. I contacted pip again this October and was told that they couldn't add any new information onto the existing one so was sent another how my disability effects me. so my mental health worker and my doctor have assisted with my new claim.
    I am hoping this one will give me more points as I only received 6 in first one. I can only hope this new claim can be sorted out before this year.
    Thankyou
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You should be aware that making a new claim will limit any tribunal decision to the day before a new decision is made
    You should concentrate on how your conditions affect your daily activities and or mobility in line with the Descriptors
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • donna63031
    yes I received confirmation from the judge at leeds to say
    that if my new Pip awarded me and I accept their offer the original one for last November will be closed.
    I was awarded 6 points for that one , appealed.
    My mental health advisor looked at the letter from the tribunal and agreed with me to put in a new pip due to my health, so I will hope that what we have put in the How my disability effects me with the daily activities and mobility match the descriptors.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.