Backpay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


dannyUK76 Member Posts: 72 Connected
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Is backpay guaranteed ? Case manger said to me they got to check to see if Dwp informed tribunal of my standard daily separate award. 
Dose this mean they going to contest the backpay ? Should I of informed the court about my new claim? Getting all my stuff together as 100% sure that I’m not going to get the backpay or enhanced component do looks like another 10 months till tribunal. 


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't think that an online forum can answer your questions however
    the tribunal was only considering your first claim and awarded you on that and any subsequent decision is another matter.
    The DWP can attempt to challenge the tribunal decision on an error in law, if they do not then you are entitled to the back dated payments from your first claim up to the day before your second decision was made

    Unless you challenge your current decision you will not get the enhanced element
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dannyUK76
    dannyUK76 Member Posts: 72 Connected
    Thank you cockney for the fast reply I spoken with them she saying can’t do a supersession on a claim in payment I have to wait for decision from case manger we all know what that is. 
    Then can challenge it. 
    Can I take my new claim to tribunal if and when I get denied the enhanced on both on grounds of the other tribunal. 
  • dannyUK76
    dannyUK76 Member Posts: 72 Connected
    My award is 02nd may so will it be till 1st may the backpay from 7th feb roughly 12 weeks. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.