Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Will my son have to pay rent while receiving PIP?
I am in receipt of pip daily living and carers for my disabled son. My eldest son now has 20 hour week. Job so can't claim carers for me and I've lost my. Severe disability premium for myself. Will my son have to contribute to the rent now even though I receive pip
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 835 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 770 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.