Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Why have i received an ESA3 form?
Hi I recieved a letter from the DWP with enclosed form ESA3 . IT relates to the fact I'm receiving contribution based ESA which replaced Incapacity benefit. It's saying I might also be entitled to income related employment and support allowance. I transferred over from incapacity benefit in 2012. I've checked the benefit calculator and it seems to be correct so why are they asking for this. I'm aware of course of the errors in payments but why have they sent me this form, I don't think Ile get anything . Can't see how it applies to me or should I assume they know how much I'm getting and wouldn't be sending me a form if they didn't think I was entitled to a back payment. My personal circumstances did change around that date as I got divorced in 2012 so no longer had a partner. Any ideas anyone. Thanks in advance.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.