Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

ESA ftf assesment

had my ESA assessment the hcw said my doctors have not put much info in about all my conditions so it's difficult to make a decision it with be in the hands of the DM who makes the final decision she took copy's if my hospital inpatient letter I gave her and questioned me over a hour confused to who makes the final decision I was believed it was the the hcw who does the Ftf assessment 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's your responsibility to send evidence about how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work and not their's.

The HCP writes a report of recommendation and the returns it to DWP. A DM then makes the decision not the HCP.

You can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • veryconfusedveryconfused Member Posts: 34 Connected
    waiting for a f2f but feeling very unwell,can I rearrange one??
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    waiting for a f2f but feeling very unwell,can I rearrange one??
    Yup, ring the number on the top of the appointment letter. Hope you feel better soon.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • liz999991liz999991 Member Posts: 18 Listener
  • worried33worried33 Member Posts: 399 Pioneering
    for what its worth I often find the assessors at f2f to seem to care more about it me then my gp, e.g. after my f2f, my assessor wrote a letter to my gp about how she feels I have been treated badly.  But to answer your question you can "once" get your appointment rearranged at your request.
Sign in or join us to comment.