ESA ftf assesment

Options
liz999991
liz999991 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
had my ESA assessment the hcw said my doctors have not put much info in about all my conditions so it's difficult to make a decision it with be in the hands of the DM who makes the final decision she took copy's if my hospital inpatient letter I gave her and questioned me over a hour confused to who makes the final decision I was believed it was the the hcw who does the Ftf assessment 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,313 Championing
    Options
    Hi,

It's your responsibility to send evidence about how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work and not their's.

The HCP writes a report of recommendation and the returns it to DWP. A DM then makes the decision not the HCP.

You can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
  • veryconfused
    veryconfused Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    waiting for a f2f but feeling very unwell,can I rearrange one??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,313 Championing
    Options
    waiting for a f2f but feeling very unwell,can I rearrange one??
    Yup, ring the number on the top of the appointment letter. Hope you feel better soon.
  • liz999991
    liz999991 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    Thank you
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 517 Pioneering
    Options
    for what its worth I often find the assessors at f2f to seem to care more about it me then my gp, e.g. after my f2f, my assessor wrote a letter to my gp about how she feels I have been treated badly.  But to answer your question you can "once" get your appointment rearranged at your request.