Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Income based ESA

I am on contribution based ESA in the Support Group, based on my past earnings.
I have received a form to apply for income based ESA re if I am entitled to any premiums.
I know this does not apply to me, & I also have savings exceeding 16,000.
 I don't have to complete or return the form, but do I have to let them know my savings info, & if I do, will they find a way to take away my non means tested contribution based ESA support group.
As you can gather, I don't trust them ! 
Thank you. 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Contributions based benefits are not means tested and savings/capital do not affect these. If the letter says there's no need to fill it in if you have savings/capital then you don't need to do anything.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • SmedleySmedley Member Posts: 60 Courageous
    Thank you very much Poppy for your quick response & info. Cheers. 
Sign in or join us to comment.