severe disability premium — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

severe disability premium

mumma Member Posts: 2 Listener
hi ,the courts ordered dwp in june 2018,to pay back all claimants ,the money they lost,when transferring to universal credit ,im trying to find out when they are going to do this,ive emailed mp head of dwp but no one will tell me ,anyone else know .


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mumma and a warm welcome to the community. I don't have the answer to your question myself, but it is probable that some of our members and specialists will be able to help. Things tend to be a little quiet at this time of day, however, so if you'll bear with us I'm sure people will respond in due course.
    Warmest best wishes to you
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hi @mumma, and a warm welcome to the community! Hopefully some of our members will be able to offer you some guidance with this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,369 Disability Gamechanger
    This is not correct. The Upper Tribunal have not ordered DWP to repay anyone any money they lost when they transferred to UC because of a change in circumstances.

    DWP did announce in June that they were going to pay money to those that lost the SDP because of claiming UC but no further announcements have been made regarding this. You'll need to wait until another announcement has been made. Until then there's nothing anyone can do.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.