Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I receive employment an support allows an have done this 2013 which replaced My Incapacity benefit .. there as been no changes b4 or after the swap over .. I’m a single parent with 2 children an have been on benefits for 20 yrs (also get high rate dla) two weeks ago I received a letter saying they could owe me money from 23rd July 2013 an give me a booklet to fill in an send back .. I’m still waiting to hear back, it’s only been 3 weeks since sending the forms back so could be a while until I hear anything about it ... I’ve read Afew post on ere an bit online some have had a payment for 1000’s ! 20 even then some for 5 .. to be honest I don’t really understand it all ahah!! If I’m owed money then bonus! Because if we owed dwp owed they would be **** HOT !! At wanting it back .. for example I asked for a budgeting loan beginning of last year for SIX HUNDRED POUND which they said I could have by paying back £40 awk which I think is a lot when you get fortnightly pay £80 ... I think about 2 weeks after the loan boom! My money went down to pay them back ... all I wanted to know is if anyone as gone threw my silmar situation?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.