Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
DLA has been stopped
can anyone help me please,ive been on DLA since 2004 and got the high rate mobility and the middle care componant,my neighbour who im having problems with police involved and gentoo reported me to dwp,so when i got the DLA my middle care was taking off me in 2006, when i phoned them up they told me weve took the middle rate care off you because we think in time you should be able to go out on your own and do a little walking and shopping on your own,so its took me just up till july gone to do that but not alot.now whats happened they have followed me and took evedince of me walking a little to the shop and hovering my car.now ive been to a meeting under caution and my DLA stopped and they are taking my mobility car off me on 7th january,can anyone tell me if this is right because they told me i would still get the high rate mobiliy when the stopped my middle rate care,im confused the told me to do it then im getting all this trouble because they have seen me go out. i was only doing what the said i should be able to do,
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.