Looking for grants — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Looking for grants

disabledkenny Member Posts: 40 Connected
Hi, I write to ask for an application form for a grant, I am 52 severely disabled in an electric wheelchair needing care and housebound.
I am unable to sleep through a bed that is medically unsuitable, I need an electronically adjustable bed and a mattress specially made for my needs, I am unable to work and on benefits and allowances. 
Here is a list of all my conditions: Nerve damage upper spine,
Stroke-related condition, Super Ventricular Tachycardia, Nerve Damage in Upper Spine, Asthma, Post-traumatic fibromyalgia syndrome, 3 types of Osteoarthritis, Spondylitis of upper and lower spine, 2 damaged vertebra, Water retention of the feet, Irritable bowel disorder, Severe depression disorder, Severe panic attacks, Vertigo, Overactive Thyroid, Enlarged Prostrate, Dyslexia, Partially Deaf.
Please, can you suggest any grants for an adjustable bed for £3,700, thank you for your time?
I am struggling with the broker I use with my PA's (carers) as when my PA's are sick or on holiday they now saying that it's my responsibility to find a covering PA, not theirs, social services just said really?
I have a PA for 9 years she now is the same age as me & started being bad in health, but she making me ill in health, can I just sack her, what is the procedure please?



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.