Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
ESA underpayment for people now in work
Hi, my name is Cass and I have just joined. I have had health problems for years but only recently got my diagnosis after hearing about the condition on a radio programme I have hypermobile EDS and fibro myalgia. I was on incapacity benefit for a long time until I was switched to ESA and was awarded less per week afterwards. After going to tribunal twice successfully after wca by Atos I finally managed to gain enough control of the pain to go back to work just over a year ago, it's hard but the exhaustion is worth it to never have to go through the trauma of claiming again, I just couldn't face it any more My question is this, would I still be entitled to any back pay owed even though I am no longer claiming I hear today they are sending out a huge form which fills me with dread but so far I have not been contacted at all
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.