Recent Pip Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recent Pip Assessment

Options
AmazingRhema
AmazingRhema Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I just had my recent pip assessment. I took my partner with me to the centre, waited nearly 20 minutes (did not have a great sleep at all! Lol) I sat down with the lady, I forgot her name and title. She asked questions (as if she had not read the form) from scratch. My partner contributed. My form was filled in by a woman in CAB who seemed to have put things not too correct. But everything seemed consistent to the form if that makes any logical sense. I asked to see what she wrote, she told me I have to call DWP to see it I can do it from today ( the assessment was thursday) 

Can anybody help? Have you had an assessor nice as pie, and a good outcome? I'm so scared  :s

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, all my assessments for PIP and ESA have had a good outcome. Every HCP i've had was lovely, in fact when i went for my PIP assessment review 2 years ago it was a really cold day and i was freezing. She turned the heating up in the room for me.

All reports were honest and truthful and the decisions went with the report each time.

Of course there's people out there that don't have good reports, with lies being told etc but the good stories are certainly there. We just don't hear about them.

The report will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with it. There's no timescales for decisions but hopefully not too long. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, phone the DWP,and ask for a copy of your acessment report, it can take up to 14 days to arrive but recently people have received them within a few days, on receiving the report you will, can work out what your award should, may be by adding up the black dots awarded against each PIP descriptor at the end of the report. The decision makers at DWP mostly go with the recommendations in the report but if it’s good newyou still have to wait for the official award letter notification, and if it’s not what you expect then you can go over the report prepareing to start a MR if you need to after receiving the award notification letter.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.