Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi I have Aspergers and some mental health problems

wyattwyatt Member Posts: 1 Listener
I’ve. It been able to work now for 7months now I don’t get ssp any more so really struggling now my boss told me to find wat the situation is if I just leave work I’ve been told I won’t get any thing for 28 weeks but if they let me go on medical grounds will I get paid the meds I’m on mean I can’t drive no more 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    If you've paid enough NI contributions in the past 2 tax years then you'll be able to claim New style Contributions based ESA. If not then claiming UC will depend on your circumstances. You really do need to speak to your local CAB/ benefits centre for a full benefits check, this way you'll be able to tell them all your circumstances and they'll be able to advise accordingly.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.