What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


dave123dave123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
I get enhanced rate PIP,mobility and Standard care, my wife works part time and we get disability component Tax credits, should i claim anything else as we pay full rent and council tax, many thanks


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Any other benefits you could claim will depend on household income and circumstances. I'd advise you both to make an appointment at your local CAB for a full benefits check because it's impossible to advise anything on an internet forum without knowing all of your details.

    You maybe entitled to help with your rent but you won't be able to claim housing benefit unless you have more then 2 dependent children. All areas are now a full universal credit area, so it will have to be UC. If you claimed this then your tax credits will stop and it will become part of UC.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.