My son's ESA has been cut — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

My son's ESA has been cut

diane260965
diane260965 Member Posts: 10 Listener
Bit of a long story my son who is disabled had been getting esa 254.00 every two weeks he then went for his assessment who said he was fit for work I then sent in a mandatory reconsideration letter and they upheld the assessors decision I then sent off to the tribunal but while waiting for them I received a letter from deep reversing their original decision and giving him back his esa in the support group he had been without money for 10 weeks so by calculations they owed him 1270.00 but he got his back dated pay and they only  paid him 871.00 with no explanation on why it was only that because that works out at just over 174.00 every 2 weeks it looks like they have cut his money  my question is are they allowed to do that.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.